Monday, May 15, 2006

Pokered

It was a colleagues leaving do on Friday and unfortunately it was a complete disaster. Although he was given a fortnights notice to tell us where he wanted to go or what he wanted to do it fell to the last minute before anything was arranged and since it was a nice afternoon, I forced his hand and Cafe Zinc on the Stranmillis Road was chosen followed by Cutters Wharf. There was another problem too which was a total lack of colleague support. Although they had known about the leaving do for weeks and had agreed to it , at the last minute around 10 people pulled out citing various bullshit excuses and only 4 of us went out. Imagine being a well-liked and amiable co-worker who everyone got along with for your 3 1/2 years at a company and then only 3 other people coming out for your leaving do. Pretty sucky right?

On Saturday Lou and I decided to watch the FA Cup Final for some reason. Call it warming up to the World Cup as earlier in the day we placed bets on Germany, Argentina and an outside bet on the Czech Republic to win. I usually find non-international football quite boring but it was one of the best matches I saw since Chelsea played Real Madrid around 2 years ago and won 4-3. The game was 3-3 on the final whistle with Liverpool scoring a late minute equaliser and after extra-time it went to penalties with Liverpool eventually winning through a mix of poor penalty taking and great goal keeping. If the world cup matches are like this we're all in for a treat.

In the evening we walked over to Don's place for some poker as it was a beautiful evening. It was Jenny's first time playing and as the beginner's luck kicked in, we began to lose money to her constant stream of pairs including beating my 3 ace full house by millimetres. It was a good game and after playing for a few hours I joined Lou and Colin on the couch for some random TV and random banter as I was absolutely beat from 4 straight nights of drunkeness and I surprised myself by not actually waking up until 12:45pm on SUnday afternoon.

All in all a decent weekend and I'm looking forward to a BBQ this Saturday so it better not rain! Hope you all had a good one. Catch you tomorrow for more.

Caio!

1 Comments:

Blogger Skry said...

Don't worry peeps - I got revenge for you all on Sunday by beating Jenny at pool! Yes, me, the worlds crappest male pool player! I've actually found the worlds crappest female pool player :D

It's just a pity that we're equally bad - I think we actually went about 20 shots in one game before finally sinking a colour... We only played about 6 games but that lasted the entire afternoon!

10:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar