Thursday, December 22, 2005

Happy Holidays!


It's my last day in work today which means that it's the party season and as such any future blogs this year would repeatedly revolve around how drunk I got and social faux-pas' I have made. As such, this will also be my last blog of the year although I will be posting up any really exciting news, stories, and more importantly, pictures of drunken escapades.

Last night kicked off the late nights as Ian and Peter came back from Aberdeen and London respectively for family get-togethers, spending time with loved ones, and more importantly, getting drunk with friends. Although I didn't make it into bed until 3am I didn't start drinking until 11pm as Don, Lou, Colin and I went to see the OTT CGI cheesefest trainwreck that is King Kong. I'll be posting a review up tomorrow before I push the traumatic event out of my head.

We met up at Auntie Annies, already heaving with punters but somehow Peter and Ian had secured a table and we ordered in doubles and started playing catch up. A great night was had by all but unfortunatly Ian is flying back to Scotland today and wont be able to make it to Friday and Saturdays big group come-together. Have a great hogmanay though!

Have a great festive period whatever you're up to and I'll see you in 2006!

Ciao!

3 Comments:

Blogger Skry said...

Bummer that you didn't like King Kong. I can't believe it was as bad as you say - no silver lining at all? Sounds like it won't be getting many banana's out of five :-(

11:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it was that bad. Kong himself was an excellent creation and the range of facial expressions and movements based on Andy Serkis' mimicking of gorillas was convincing. Infact Kong gave the best performance in the entire film, everyone else was pretty awful. I'm not sure if that was Peter Jackson being tongue in cheek and giving an obvious nod to hammy OTT acting in Hollywood 30s movies in general or if they really are just talentless. I was getting particularly fed up with Naomi Watt's doe eyed 'i'm so sad and lonely give me an oscar' freeze framed expression after the 20th time.

The main problem was that the CGI action pieces were overdone and overlong and simply failed to generate any excitement or tension. I do have to say though that the final iconic scene on top of the empire state building was visually stunning and thrilling. Overall i would give it 2.5 out of 5.

12:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOps, that was me forgetting to type my name in. I'm not ashamed for saying something positive about the film damn it Phil and Colin!

12:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar