Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tagliatelle Pagilia E Fieno with Creamy Bacon & Mushroom Sauce served with Zucchini Polenta Slices

Last night I attempted to make the following dishes. I think it turned out OK although I would certainly make a better stab at it on second go. Don also made a triumphant return to Northern Ireland from his soujorn to New Zealand and we preceeded to get very, very drunk. I think I'm still drunk now. Here comes the science:


Tagliatelle Pagilia E Fieno with Creamy Bacon & Mushroom Sauce


Ingredients [serves 4] :

6 slices bacon, cut into strips
4 cloves garlic, crushed
125g button mushrooms, sliced
100ml thick cream
150g grated pamesan cheese
400g green and white tagliatelle pagilia e fieno




Method:

Place bacon in cold frying pan. Stir over low heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms for further 3 minutes.
Whisk eggs, cream, and cheese into a bowl adding pepper.
Cook pagilia e fieno and drain.
Whilst still hot, add egg misxture and stir quickly until combined.
Add bacon mixture and stir until combined.


Zucchini Polenta Slices

Ingredients [serves 4]:

15g butter
45ml olive oil
250g courgettes, grated
750ml chicken broth
175g polenta
40g grated pamesan cheese









Method:

Grease a shallow roasting pan.
Heat 15ml of oil in a large frying pan.
Fry zucchini (courgettes) until soft.

Bring the broth to boil in a large saucepan.
Sprinkle with polenta, stirring with a wooden spoon until polenta thickens.
Remove from heat and stir in the zucchini (courgettes).

Tip polenta into roasting pan, spreading evenly, then sprinkle with parmesan and leave for 1 hour to cool.

Cut the polenta into slices, brush with oil and fry until golden.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Skry said...

I mailed you this yesterday, so I thought I'd put it up here as well. The meal was really nice - probably the simplest and quickest meal I've seen anyone make since I started on Wednesdays, but still well-planned and very filling.

It was nice to try the Polenta slices, as I had never tried it before. The only criticism I could make was the same you did on the night - there wasn't enough flavourings in the meal to really kick it off. That was the creators fault though, as we all followed the recipe to the letter.

Will defo try that again myself at some stage. I'll give you a shout and let you know how it turns out.

12:29 am  
Blogger Phil said...

I would also use another baking tray as I don't think they should have been that thin. That said, it was the first time I made them and I had to use the one and only tray I had.

I would also flavour them with some herbs to give them a kick.

Not one of my best meals but that's cooking - you bake and remake!

2:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar