Saturday, December 10, 2005

Guest Publication #1

My brother isn't able to write the Blog today, so he has asked me to take over for a change. He couldn't have picked a better day for it either: it's one of those days today where everyone is in work but noone is really doing any work. Why, you ask? Because this evening is our work Crimbo dinner, and everyone is acting like kids on the last day of school before the summer!

It's the first work outing I've been on where everyone is in attendance. I went out once before, but out of the vast majority that promised to go only about 6 turned up. They mostly seem to be quite boring in work, but I'm hoping that their quiet day-time demeanor will change in the evening, especially after a few drinks. If not then I'll be home by 9pm!

We're going to the Hilton - not the slapper but the hotel. I'm a vegetarian and unfortunately the "guilt-free menu" is surprisingly sparse - spinach and ricotta cheese pasta is the only veggie meal infact. Not great for a £46 dinner or a 5-star hotel, but I guess I'm not paying for it or the bottle of red I'm getting, so I can't really complain. Things always taste better when they're free!

Words by KA
PA is away but will return on Monday. Have a great weekend folks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

I have a moment of time here but I'm typing this as the guy is introducing the afternoon schedule!

Hope you enjoy today's guest publication and catch you Monday!

Thanks again bro!

12:39 am  
Blogger Donovan said...

Guest bloggers.. i like it.

My time is up, I am flying home today, to arrive on Tuesday 13th. :(

Still, it'll be nice to sleep in a non-bunk bed again...

8:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guest Blogger! A very novel idea indeed. Don, if you look out of your plane window, I will be in the British Airways craft behind you. Arriving Wednesday the 14th. See you all on Friday. (God it is SO weird to type that!)

2:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar