Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Feh Effect

I don't know about you but with the onset of shorter days, I'm finding it harder to get motivated in the morning. It could be an increase in melatonin. Melatonin is linked to sleep and the body produces this hormone in greater quantities when it's dark or when days are shorter. This increased production of melatonin can cause a person to feel sleepy and lethargic. No longer does my morning mug of black syrup-like coffee that should wake up the dead have any affect on me. I should also note that there are no windows in my office so any light that does come through during the day, I don't get to see it. Apparently all this affects your social life as you may lose interest in participating in social events. This hasn't affected me from participating but I have noticed what I call the "Feh affect" settling in whereby it reaches a certain time in the evening and the bed is more appealing than the craic. Damn you winter!

Last night was mainly spent playing the computer and watching a new series called Weeds which is like a grittier, more realistic Desperate Housewives without the sex and convoluted plotlines. Worth checking out.

Check back tomorrow to find out what I think of Commander In Chief, the new series where Geena Davis is the first President of the United States(!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar