Thursday, September 29, 2005

I'll Replace You With Machines

I got my new graphics card today for the new computer I ordered a few weeks ago. As you may know I ordered the wrong card for the motherboard and I've had to wait a little bit longer to assemble it. There are 3 games in particular I want to try out on it:

Fable: The Lost Chapters
- Sequel to Fable with increased game depth i.e. more of the same only better.

Age Of Empires 3 - Sequel to the games that have stolen so many hours from me on a Sunday afternoon.

Oblivion - Drool.

I'm also currently playing Dungeon Lords which is running slower than the Bournemouth Zimmer Frame Relay Race Team on my current machine which is slowly falling apart. I think it knows it's soon to be replaced and is refusing to work at full output. Ah well, after a fresh install it will be back up to full capacity and unaware of it's dubious past.

In other news, work is getting more and more hectic as the deadline for a project is continually put back and the stress piles up. I'll cover the full details when the project is up and running and I can begin to regrow my hair after it falling out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Donovan said...

Downloading the AOE III trial atm

6:17 am  
Blogger Phil said...

I'm waiting until the new PC is ready before playing the trial. Then it's conquering time!!

6:42 am  
Blogger Donovan said...

Best to get it from fileplanet, the microsoft link won't go over 7k

7:34 am  
Blogger Phil said...

Thanks for the heads up!

Have you played it yet? If so,what's it like?

7:23 pm  
Blogger Donovan said...

I had a quick 2 hour game last night, it's very impressive. At first, it's a bit baffling as there's a card system of bonuses that you earn by earning a kind of kudos, but a lot of the concepts are similar.

Main differences; You don't mine stone, but have silver mines to earn coin, plus you can pick up treasure, as long as you dispatch the "treasure protectors". You also set up trading points on specific plots which pick up a resource (of your choice) every time a generic wagon passes by.

Graphically it's good, building walls can go at pretty much whatever angle you like, and it feels a lot more open. The detail can make it a little tricky knowing what you're selecting but the ocean and trees look very good.

The demo isn't completely bug free, the sound would occasionally stop, and one or two animations didn't work (like a pirate who randomly floated around for a while taking money off my people before floating away again, never moving his legs once)

There didn't seem to be a save option in the demo but i'll definitely have another go or two before making my mind up concerning how good it actually is.

1:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar