Monday, October 10, 2005

Good Food & Good Company

Friday

Following the afternoon spent curled up on my bed, I began to feel better late in the afternoon and spent a few hours playing Dungeon Lords. The game is quite difficult and I will probably give it up to play Heroes of Might & Magic IV.

By the evening I had recovered from excesses and settled down with a Indian take-away to watch Four Brothers.

It's an action/drama concerning 4 grown up hoodlums who return home to bury their mother who was shot dead at a grocery store robbery. However, all is not as it seems and the plot thickens as they discover the dark underworld and its connection to their mothers murder and their quest for veneance. It has fine performances all round and is well worth checking out.

I would give this film 4 brothers out of 5 [har-har!]

Saturday

As my parents are currently holidaying in Spain, they asked if we would pop up and clear the mountain of mail from the hall and boy was there a lot of it. They get more correspondence in a week than I get in the entire year. My mother is in more mailing lists than is concievably possible. After manually sorting out spam from real letters, I needed treatment for RSI.

Five piles sat on the floor: Mum, Dad, Mum/Dad, Catologues and Spam. Royal Mail would have hired me on the spot. We took advantage of the situation and settled down to watch the Northern Ireland vs Wales match on their new TV. It was a great game and I was naturally disappointed that we didn't win but it's not like we didn't try, we were just unlucky. The recent wins have bolstered support behind the team and I look forward to future matches with the team having more confidence in themselves.

Saturday afternoon was spent tidying up the flat and tinkering with the computer. Ian and Suzy called in around 6pm and we headed to Bar Twelve for a swift pint before moving to the Sun-Kee for dinner. A few weeks previously the place was named and shamed for having unsanitory conditions so now was probably the best time to avoid being poisoned. I ordered the salted chilli squid for starters followed by duck in orange sauce. Whilst it was delicious, it didn't come up to the standard I expected or recieved previously when the restaurant was located accross the road. Nevertheless, it was great to catch up with Ian and Suzy as juggling a 6 month old baby and a social life doesn't work too well but I'm looking forward to Suzys 30th birthday party in a couple of weeks.

Sunday

My head was a little worse for wear on Sunday but it soon cleared up and I settled down to read the papers. Lou gave me a lift up to Ulsterville for gaming in the afternoon and picked me up again around 6pm as we had to put a duck in the oven. Lou made gravy from the fat whilst I made a peanut sauce. It was delicious. Over dinner we watched Gosford Park.

I've seen the film twice before but you always find something new on repeated viewing. Lou didn't enjoy it as much as I did but I still think it's a great film.

I would give this film 4.5 upper class twits out of 5.

And there you have it. It's now Monday morning and I could see this online work far enough but if I keep chipping away at it, hopefully I'll soon see the end of it and I can return to normalacy. Hope you all had a great weekend. See you tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Vesi said...

Hi :) Decided to drop u a line. I like ur blog a lot. :) Have a nice day! Vesi

8:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar