Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Money In The Bank

Today was a good day for reward points. I buy my lunch a few times a week from Boots as they have a good range on offer to choose from and it's just across the road. As I only get half an hour for lunch, it doesn't leave much time to pussy-foot around town limiting me to a few sandwhich bars serving up the same old panini's or the Spar which wouldn't know fresh produce if it hit them in the face. I know I could always make my own lunch but then I'd be limiting myself to a week of the same old crap so why not pay £2.99 every day for a meal, side snack and drink?

I usually try and go for the "Shapers" meals which are low calorie and actually quite tasty but today they had a new range of "Seasonal" sandwhiches which I couldn't resist. Anywho, I was at the checkout and paid for my lunch of which I recieved 11 points [1 point = 1p]. I was fiddling with my wallet and the cashier asked the man beside me if he had a Boots Reward Card. He said he didn't and then turned to me and asked if I would like to use my card for his purchase. "Sure thing" I replied and handed my card over again. He purchased £45 worth of goods and £1.65 was added to my account. Certainly worth the effort.

[Warning! Tangent paragraph commencing]
After returning to work for coffee break, the kitchen topic turned to people who keep unusual pets in their house. While everyone was discussing the finer points of keeping ferrets, Fidelma, who was sitting beside me, told me of a friend of hers that kept a pitbull. It turns out that these animals get lock-jaw when biting which is an attack mechanism for not letting go of prey. Unfortunately when other dogs "play" with the pitbull and it retaliates, an awkward social momment can occur. Therefore the owner always carried a lighter with him. When the dog bit into anything and lock-jaw commenced, he would take a lighter and lightly waft it around the dogs genitalia which would cause it to yelp and therefore release its grip.
God knows why other aminals were allowed to "play" with it and vice-versa in such a manner and it's an unusally cruel method of release. Anywho....
[Returning to normal broadcasting]

Later that morning, I was asked if I would like to take a walk to Boots again to purchase disposable cameras. I was helping Hazel out with her marketing work as our internet was down and that somewhat hinders my work on the ONLINE governance website. £16 later I was another 55p up making a tidy "profit" of £2.20. Score.

As you can probably tell, BT fixed our connection and I'm back in business. I'll be out of office tomorrow as I'm attending an online community training course at Stormont and I'll be at a half day training course for Equal Opportunities & Sexual Harrassment on Thursday.

See you next time to find out how I got on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar