Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday Feeling

Today my archrival and nemesis with powers comparable to me, called in "sick". What powers you ask? I dunno, how about the power to whinge 9-5 in a single breath? That do anything for ya? That's women power holmes. How about the power to make everyone in the room cringe with a single sentance..of too much information! That's slabbering folks.

Ah well, it's Friday. The weather's been great these last few days and with any luck someone will suggest a BBQ. Yesterday after dinner Lou and I took a walk along Shaws bridge and the tow-path towards Lisburn. I haven't been along there in years and it was a fantastic walk. Apart from the midges. I need to hire some slave to walk in front with 20 incense candles burning to keep the little shiznits away from me. I swear one of them flew into my ear and eyes in a classic pincer movement. We've been talking about getting bikes to cruise around in and this section of public walkway would be ideal. I cycled along here to Lisburn one day. It's about 10 miles and most of it is along the river lagan overlooking fields and meadows. There's 2 bikes at the folks house that Keith and I used to use...about 15 years ago. I suspect they are total rust buckets now and replacing parts will be more hassle than it's worth. Makro are selling new ones for £50. I know, I know, I will be breezing along at 20 mph and the gearss will mesh and I'll tumble over the handlebars. It's a risk I'm willing to take. I have a hard head and I'm not afraid to use it!

NB - I have some photos of my birthday which I will scan and post later today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donovan said...

The beginning of this post = possible the most surreal paragraph I've read this year.

Anyway, check out the time I went to the moon and showed those fools how to saunter:

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=EMNSREE&key=KTW

12:06 am  
Blogger Phil said...

Careful man, Armstrong is checking you out! There's nowhere to hide on the moon!

12:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar