Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Kung Fu Hustle

Saw Kung Fu Hustle last night. It's a slap-stick kung-fu comedy which I expected to be like Kung-Pow in its mannerisms although I was very pleasantly surprised that it engaged on a different level.
I have to admit, however, that the first 30 minutes was tedious to the amount that Lou left the room and I was left by my lonesome to pray for improvement which it finally delivered.
The story revolves around a wannabee gangster who wants to join the notorious Axe Gang and makes trouble in a neighborhood which is well defended by it's kung fu master residences and the Axe Gang get involved in trying to take over the neighborhood. But it's kung-fu comedy we're talking about so the story is less important than booty kicked and laughs created. Unfortunately it failed in the comedy aspect for me but was more than made up by the incredible CGI that takes place around the fighting.
If you're not a fan of kung-fu then this is not the film for you. If you're a fan of comedy then look elsewhere. If you're a fan of fight sequences and CGI effects then you're in for a grand time.
I would give this film 2.5 Buddha Palms out of 5.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar