Monday, April 04, 2005

Wireless Connection

It was a social heavy weekend this time around with plenty of partying to go around.

On Friday evening I was gaming at Keiths place with Brian and Bert. I'm playing a Half Orc-Human called Squish Brenning who often masquerades as Sir Lord Brenning of Constantinople due to his incredible wealth and penchant for the finer things in life. Why run into battle with a breast plate when you can stand about in a nobles outfit preparing to rage?

On Saturday, Don and I made our way across town and had lunch on the Dublin Road at a café called F E A S T S. I had an apple and elderberry drink and a ciabatta sandwich of brie, avocado and bacon. Very Oh-Ooo. Very tasty. It was a beautiful day and sitting out in an enclosed terrace with the sun beating down on your back in Belfast is rare, especially in April.
Afterwards we had another go at the wireless router with no avail and Ian popped over to assess the situation. He thought it might be the router and so he took it away for testing. Meanwhile Lou cooked up a storm in the kitchen and produced some top notch tortias for dinner.
It was Lou's cousin, Grainne's, birthday and we were heading to Tatu that night. There was a huge queue outside and it was jam-packed inside. Luckily everyone was sitting in a reserved area so the only pain in the ass was getting drinks spilled on the way back. They should equip all new drinks with the beeping noise on reversing trucks and people can move out of your way. We stayed out until 2am and had a night-cap in Wandas before taxiing back home and chatting for a while before crashing out.

On Sunday we had a very relaxed affair and once again Lou cooked up a kick-ass fry and unfortunately had to leave to work at the library. This gave Don and I an opportunity to play some Age of Empires before Ian arrived around 4pm to diagnose the router. It does seem to be the problem so I've boxed it up ready for return. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem but I can't help feeling like this item is going to cause some concern. Fingers crossed!

Later that night, Lou and I watched a Brazilian film called Carandiru. It's based on the real life prison of Carandiru, Brazils largest prison. The real Carandiru prison was demolished in 2002, it will be transformed into a park with arts facilities. One block (#2) was left intact to be used as a museum. The film was the last thing they used the prison before demolishing 90% of it.
It's a very well filmed prison-drama full of characters and horrific situations with the reality of situation deeply embedded in each scene.
I would give 4.5 months of solitary confinement out of 5.

I'm looking forward to this week as I'm off on Friday and Lou and I are heading to Donegal for a well-deserved break. Gamespot seems to be all over the place recently so I think I'll post it later today for you. Keep it safe, keep it sigh-fi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar