Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Easter Weekend

You can't beat a 5 day weekend. However I should have taken the rest of the week off and really worked on my mojo.

On Thursday it was my Dads birthday. We ordered some nice take out and relaxed over some wine. Afterwards I joined Keith at Ian and Suzys house as Brian was house-sitting while they were in Donegal for the easter weekend. After a few beers we ended up watching The Stand. What we didn't realise was that it was a TV adapted film and was 6 hours long. After 3 hours of the first DVD it was 1am and no one was in the mood to watch the 2nd disc.

On Friday Lou picked me up from Keiths place and I returned an ethernet hub I bought at Maplins and we ordered wireless gadgets which should arrive today - huzzah!

On Saturday Keith had a house party and we played a good game of something that Bert knew involving double guessing who is who in a game of mafiosa and sherriffs.
I was relatively sober throughout but enjoyed it more so because I could follow the game without cheating or asking for the rules again.

On Sunday we went to see House of Flying Daggers. It's a much better film than Hero although it falls short of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon in strength of storyline or depth of characters.
I would give it 3.5 crates of daggers in a house made of daggers. That fly.
Lou and I watched The Ring Two that evening and I can confirm that it is a no-brainer piece of crap. The first film borrowed so much from Ringu and Ringu 2, the original Japanese movies, that the sequel had to think for itself and it was in a coma from the get-go.

On Monday I had a great lounge about the house and hooked up with Feidelma and her boyfriend Sean to go and see Mr Scruff at the Spring & Airbrake. I danced for 3 1/2 hours to some great music and my legs are still suffering today! Feel the funk fools!

Yesterday was a relaxed affair. The landlord came and fixed the bathroom light, Lou and I played a few games of pool at Laverys and then we had dinner at the folks place. Afterwards we watched Hotel Rwanda. It's based on a true story so follow the link to find out more!
I would give the film 4 refugees out of 5.

And back to work today. Boooo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar