Friday, March 04, 2005

Quick Spin

We had a problem when we tried using our washer/dryer on Tuesday. For some reason after putting a wash on, the door jammed so the clothes remained trapped inside. Also the drum inside didn't spin so nothing was actually being tumbled. I phoned the landlord in the evening and when I came home from work on Wednesday the drum was spinning away. Next day service for landlords has never occured to me so I was pleased. However, when the cycle finished the door remained closed and I was back to square one. I phoned him again and he said he would try to fix it or replace it. My clean laundry was at an all time low and I was contemplating increasing their longevity by pulling a Lister and turning my boxers inside out. So imagine my surprise when I arrived home yesterday to find a brand new Hoover washer/dryer installed and in the middle of a cycle. Fan-freaking-tastic. I am in awe of the speed of my landlord. Most would fob you off for a couple of weeks looking for "parts" or spend days trying to locate a serviceman. Not my landlord. No sir'ee.

So, with the first week of tenancy approaching, everything is going nicely. Any complaints dealt with quicker than a whippet with a bum full of dynamite. TFI Friday because work has been a total drag this week and tomorrow is a triple birthday celebration so I can't wait to party.

Lou and I settled down last night to re-watch Gothika. It's a film where Halle Berry is a repressed female psychiatrist who wakes up as a patient in the very asylum where she worked with no memory of committing a terrible crime. The film itself is almost a terrible crime but it manages to separate itself from absolute drivel just enough to keep your attention. I'd give it 2.5 padded cells out of 5.

Fridays game will shortly follow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar