Friday, February 25, 2005

Long Weekend

This weekend is gonna be a tough one. When I get home after work there's some serious tidying up to be done before the house colding party. I spent last night packing boxes and electronic equipment so it's now sitting in a neat bundle in the corner. The living room looks bare and it's noticeably colder giving me the impression that having possessions makes the room warmer - probably something to do with objects retaining heat. In this house we obey the law of thermodynamics!

Kick-off is at 8pm and we're expecting about 8-10 people which, with the extra room sans objects, should be feasible. We're also hoping to have a game of Twister although how this progresses as people get drunker only time will tell.

My folks are coming over at 1pm on Saturday and hopefully some friends will lend a hand with shifting the heavy and remaining things such as TV, Microwave, Hi-Fi etc. I'm hoping this will be accomplished by late afternoon and the remaining time can be spent cleaning the flat so we can vacate on Sunday. I'm also scheduled to meet Rog as it's his 32nd birthday - Happy Birthday Rog!

Sunday will start with a big lie in followed by the methodical process of "where the hell is this going to go?". Still, I can't wait to get into the new place and soak up the silence. "Do you hear that?". "What?". "Exactly".

Happy days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donovan said...

What happened to my leg?? Ouch.

9:49 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

What happened to my carpet?

Ouch!!

8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar