Thursday, March 01, 2007

Strike It Lucky

I was walking out of the pub on Tuesday lunchtime when I found a pound lying on the ground. It was the first time I had come across a 'significant' amount of money to warrant picking it up - 1's, 2's and 5p's seem littered about like cigarette butts these days - so I was chuffed that I had 'paid off' a third of my lunchtime tab.

Later that evening I was in the pub again and noticed yet another pound coin on the floor. My luck was certainly on the money today and into the pocket it went.

In work the next day, I was telling my co-worker about this lucky streak and he said that it tends to come in threes. If it was 24 hour luck, it wouldn't last much longer I imagined. Then, not a minute later, I was told that I had won £25 in the monthly lotto draw!

So, I guess the moral of the story is that it pays to drink and gamble! ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Donovan said...

Great story :)

Something like that happened to me once in Edinburgh. I was walking down Princes street, and found a pound coin. A few steps further was another one..

Anyway, a bit further down the street I found 2 more.

Thinking my luck was in, I went to the post office and bought 2 scratch-cards. I won a pound.

So overall, I found 4 pounds, and lost 1. Luck does come in 3s!

4:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar