Wednesday, March 07, 2007

New Routines

Having moved into our new abode, it now remains to settle in and make it our own. For several days boxes have been emptied and much has been thrown out although this task will be harder still when we leave for New Zealand.

A new house also means a new route to work and I'm glad that this takes me in a twice a day journey through the park. Although cold and still resolutely wintry mornings, it is a relaxing feeling to be surrounded by the rustling of the trees and early morning dog walkers besides others on their way to work.

The new route is also 25 minutes less than the old and it only takes a quarter of an hour from front door to desk which is handy if I'm a little late in the morning or dying to get home at the end of the day. As the RDA of walking is 40 minutes a day I think I'll extend my journey home when the good weather strikes and take a longer route through the park.

The new place also has a small but apt back garden ideal for having a few friends over to BBQ and I'm looking forward to lighting up the first coals of the year following the winter BBQ back in December. Unfortunately the grass is a little long and the landlord has seen fit to leave an old push mower in the shed with only one arm to utilise. However, such minor inconveniences will not halt the BBQ proceeedings!

2 Comments:

Blogger Skry said...

Looking forward to seeing your new place bro. Looks nice from the outside.

It's great that you have a garden too. Pity it's a bit overgrown but you can get a bit of exercise with mowing it with the push mower!

I guess you'll be having your normal birthday BBQ then? :D

12:14 am  
Blogger Phil said...

Did I mention the push-mower only has one handle? ;P

Guess I'll be on my knees with scissors!

7:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar