Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hide The Sausage

I've finally got around to eating the cured sausage I bought at the continental market on the 21st December. The Rosette de Lyon, according to Amazon, is "the classic sausage, a full two and a half pounds of flavorful meat. Ideal for parties." It's apparently one of the more well known cured sausages and takes 2-3 months to prepare. It's certainly extremely tasty when lightly fried in it's own juices but I can't think of anything it would go with besides being a fine accompaniment to a fry on hungover Saturtday morning, especially those who no longer eat blood pudding. I'm not sure how long it will last hanging on the wall of the kitchen so perhaps I should have a sausage night and be done with it. Apparently it goes well with a bottle of Beaujolais so who am I to argue? I guess I'll just have to find out. Watch this space!

1 Comments:

Blogger Skry said...

LOL I finished off a Christmas cake last night when I got home! Must have been a night for getting food cleared out of the way.

Only problem is that I have a second Crimbo cake to eat as well, and it's barely been started. Well it's not so much a problem as a delight... :D

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar