Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween Weekend

Friday

After getting out of work early on Friday, Lou and I put the
finishing touches to our Ghostbuster outfits, had a quick dinner
and jumped in a taxi over to Killowen. We were greeted at the
door by Heather in full Borg costume. Inside, Keith was dressed
as Legolas, Bert as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jill as Agent Scully.
Within half an hour, others arrived resplendant in outfits and
the Beer Olympics began.

After several hours of play, faction groups formed in the kitchen
and upstairs and the Fellowship was broken. Somewhere in
between, I'm pretty sure I won a few events and mayhaps the Beer
Olympics itself. Only an independant ajudicator can be sure.
Needless to say, we were mostly somewhere between very drunk and
totally incapacitated.

Saturday

I awoke several hours later with a banging headache and sharp
pain in the crotchal region. I had taken a cruel and mysterious
blow to the midriff that caused much chagrin and self pity. What
foul beast had sullied one of my best features? We shall never
know....

Later that afternoon I was feeling much better after loading
myself with a cocktail of vitamin C, multi vitamins, ibuprofen
and echinecia. I'm quite sceptical of echinecia and after
researching it, it certainly has no clear clinical benefits and
depending on who takes it, it either works, is a placebo or
causes ill side-effects. Reminds me of my puns...

As evening approached, a few invited guests came over for dinner
and afterwards we taxied to the Northern Whig. Unfortunatly we
got some crazy psycho driver who was leaning into his steering
wheel like he had left his glasses at home and was speeding
through red lights causing a black taxi to beep at us and our
driver reciprocated by shouting "Ya bastard!" out the window and
reminding us that black taxi drivers are "%$£*!s" and that the
light was actually amber. Sure it was. In crazy land!

After tipping the driver so we wouldn't have to hang around
waiting for change, we entered the Whig and found a few people
had already arrived but had seats. There was a good crowd and
everything seemed in full swing, a few punters dressed up in
various outfits, adding to the spectacle. Round after round
passed and a few faded early but the hardcore remained until
lights up and take-away on the way home. Head on the pillow.
Goodnight!

Sunday

Opening my eyes, I looked at the bedside clock: 11:38. Damn, I
have to be somewhere by noon! Quickly dressing in yesterdays
clothes, I ambled out the door feeling surprisingly better than I
did yesterday with little sign of a hangover. I was on my way to
Ulsterville to play our weekly game and I purchased a bottle of
coke and a pack of sausage rolls for breakfast/lunch. Meat and
sugar - the key to beating a fuzzy head!

Our game lasted until 6pm when Lou picked me up and we visited
Ian and Suzy to collect Lou's birthday present. She recieved a
lovely box of wine glasses that we dearly needed due to recent
clumbsy behaviour and an HMV voucher which she intends to use to
buy the best horror film of 2005, The Descent.


Monday

We had a fancy dress party at morning coffee break and everyone
joined in, even the director! Just wait until the conker
tournament in a few weeks!

In the afternoon I had a meeting with a 3rd party regarding the
website I'm working on and he is overseeing. Everything we have
asked him and more has gone undone and the launch date is on 9
November. Naturally I am unfazed by the prospect of more work
and tighter deadlines and will not punch the desk when no one is
looking. Do you ever reicieve bad news and you have a giddy
feeling of knowing that panic is just around the corner but out
of sight, out of mind, and it just doesn't register? I'm in that
sort of mood right now but I think I'll get through it with only
a few scratches and a lot of experience behind me.

Tune in tomorrow to hopefully see some pictures of Fridays party
and more hair-tearing terror!

Have a good week folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar