Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Music For A Jilted Generation

I visited the folks last night for the first time in a few weeks as they were in Spain on holiday. They were good enough to bring back presents including an mp3 player for myself. However, there was a problem with it in that it came with two free mp3 "songs": Barbie Girl by Aqua and My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion. Why the hell put these ear cancer songs on an mp3 player? I imagine it's a test so you have to learn how to reformat the removable drive and put some decent tunes on it. However, it still troubles me that these merchants of aural disease are still making money from their back catologue.

We had our Staff Team Meeting this morning which was notably absent of the usual danish pastries and chocolate muffins which is the only real reason everyone turns up. I have got a new Social Slot put on the agenda which is neat and drew everybodies attention to the 10-pin bowling event this Friday and also the upcoming 'Bonkers for Conkers' event which should be good fun.
Alas, when it is typed up, it sounds dull and boring:

"Phil confirmed that 10 pin bowling has been arranged for Friday, after work.
A Halloween event has been scheduled for the 31st October."

Notice, "after work" added as an afterthought. Don't even be thinking about playing 10-pin inside working hours or it's straight to the chamber of horrors for you!

Check back tomorrow to find out what Colin cooked for Wednesday Dinner and what movie we had for dessert!

2 Comments:

Blogger Skry said...

Bummer about the Wallace and Grm film. After spending so much time on it I wonder if the makers ever look back and think "Shit, that was a waste of a few years..."

As for the mp3 player, well I guess you get what you pay for and the mp3 player was free! :) Does it sound good or do anything unusual, or is it just a bog standard player?

The watch the folks got me is pretty cool - solar powered and with good functions. Still haven't worked out how to stop it from beeping every hour though - I could have sworn it was going in the bin at 3am when it beeped and woke me up for the second time.

Then again at 5am.

Lucky for it I get up at 5:55am...

10:17 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

You get up at 6am? Suck. I get up at 8am which is quite lucky.

The mp3 player is bog standard I guess but I've never been interested them so I don't know if it's good or bad. That said, I shoved it in the USB port, installed the software, copied accross mp3s and played them so it does what I want it to.
It has other features such as radio which is neat and the navigation is pretty straight forward.
Unfortunatly the headphone length isn't even long enough to stretch to my coat pocket so it's going to sit at home until I buy new headphones for it.

As for your watch, have a look at the instruction booklet ;)

11:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar