Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ghostbustin'

With Halloween fast approaching, Lou had a great idea to dress up as Ghostbusters, so whilst at the folks last night, we proquired two boiler suits and then spent the better half of an hour when we got home making our backpacks. I have to say, they look pretty cool. Also while cutting through cardboard with the "World's Sharpest Knife" [claim subject to 307423 other companies stating the same] I stabbed my left hand and it barely bled but damn does it smart - right on the bend of my finger! I guess if you're making the "World's Best" Amateur ghostbustin' backpack, you have to suffer for your art. Unlike this years Turner Prize entry from Tomoko Takahashi where you just walk along a beam and get drunk. In that case, the competition should be open to all inner city delinquents. "I call this piece 'Gary Throwing Up After Too Much White Lightning'".

Today is also Lou's birthday so we'll be spending tonight wining and dining and celebrating her 26th year. We went shopping on Saturday in town and I bought her a beautiful coat after hitting only 10 or so shops. It was easier than finding shoes for myself so no complaints with regards to traipsing around in vain. Now all she has to find is some matching gloves, hat and scarf and she'll be set for winter! I have an art school scarf from last winter that's pretty toasty but for late October it's still fairly mild. However, with the MET Office predicting a bitter winter, it's only a matter of time before it'll be hanging it up beside my coat.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOU!

2 Comments:

Blogger Skry said...

Happy birthday Lou!!

26 is a great age, filled with all the mysteries and excitement of the half-a-deck-of-cards-in-years that an actual half-deck could never provide. Age to 52 and collect all life's cards. There's a bonus 2 joker years if you want to live to 54, then it's soilent green time I'm afraid...

OK so today has been too long already - gave my presentation to Kwik-Fit (which went well) and now I'm a free agent for the afternoon. Great news as my brain has officially taken today off (see above paragraph for proof!). Not a bad idea though - I'd take the day off if I could and would head straight to the Spring & Airbrake for the Dio gig. Rock!!

Oh yeah and Phil, no matter how artistic it is, I'm not putting drunken balancing on a plank in the beer olympics!!! :D

10:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to you both!
No time to think of anything witty to write as i was so busy today, i am now rushing off for my slap up meal, some vino and Phil time.

2:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar