Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Since I've joined LoveFilm, I've been on an 80's bender, picking up movies from my childhood that I wouldn't have seen because I was still in nappies. This theme continues [films, not me wearing nappies] to watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High starring a young and very stoned Sean Penn along with brat pack staple Judge Reinhold and a very young Jennifer Jason Leigh alongside a very tall, lean Forest Whitaker.



The film revolves around their antics as young teenagers dating and discovering sex for the first time and also the woes of life in general i.e. working crappy jobs in fast-food outlets and getting fired by your boss or just quitting because you don't want The Man putting you down.

Although the film is dated, it's still highly watchable as well as mostly forgettable but as coming-of-age teenage 80's comedies go, it's right up there with other movies of the genre.

I would give this film 3 childhood memories out of 5.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Skry said...

I don't remember ever having heard of that movie let alone seen it. Do you still have it? Wouldn't mind checking it out.

Also, I can't remember exactly but were you to bring me a film at some stage? If so could you get me it tonight?

10:24 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

I think you wanted Cannibal Holocaust. which I sent back without copying as it's not worth watching IMHO.

I've also sent the above film back without copying it - have you thought about joining LoveFilm?

3 films at any time, send them back and recieve the next one on your list with 1st class posting, £15 p/m.

11:43 pm  
Blogger Donovan said...

Anyone else love eggs?

http://www.nata2.info/humor/flash/egg_song.swf

5:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar