Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Go For Launch

Today is the launch date for the website I've been working on. It still requires a fair bit of work behind the scenes but the main look and feel of it is there. Unfortunately there is still an awful lot of content links to be added over the coming weeks so my job is not yet over.

There are signs that the harsh winter we've been predicted is beginning, not least with strong winds, heavy rain and cold mornings when the chill seems to pervade all the layers you've protected yourself with and the distant memory of being snug in your bed dissipates with every stride.

I dreamt last night that I was on the island of Lost. My brother was there too and we decided to leave because it was boring. Only in my dream it wasn't an island - it was a peninsula! All that time and they could have just walked home! Of course it wasn't that easy as "home" looked flooded like Louisiana and there were zombies in the water. In some places they were being used as buoys for some odd reason - I guess corpses float right? In others they just drifted for the most part face down, a few with that pale gaunt look, their large black eyes waiting for some chance of fresh flesh getting close enough to sink their foul teeth into.

Anyway, who cares about my bizarre dreams? I think the only reason Lost featured in my subconcious thoughts is because it's back on TV tonight after a 3 week soujourn and one of the main characters is killed off. Who will it be?

In other news, the Christmas menu is floating around for choosing courses. We're dining at James Street South. Motor Mouth is back in work after her 3 month holiday, sorry, bereavement period and thank the gods, she isn't going because there's nothing on the menu that she likes. What a freaking peasant - she eats gravy & chips every lunchtime and always orders chicken & chips when we're out. I've largely been avoiding her since she returned but I shared a room with her yesterday over lunch and she was blah-ing and f-ing about this and that. With any luck, she'll choke on a chicken wing or something. Heimlich Maneuver? What's that?

3 Comments:

Blogger Skry said...

Wish I had dreams with zombies in them... Maybe you could feed the girl in work to a zombie - would be one way of shutting her up!

Haha or next time she says she has nothing to watch at home you can tell het to get Lost!! :P

12:35 am  
Blogger Donovan said...

Sorry to hear that bi*ch**ntingf**k**ain is back and giving abuse. Maybe it's jetlag?

You wouldn't expect it but it's quite chilly out at night here. I was sat with some random backpacker called Helen that I was unsuccessfully chatting up at 9:30 at a table outside an Irish bar on Vulcan Lane. (I've been calling it Star Trek Street to the people who work here but they don't get it) Yeah and it was cold. So.. umm yeah.

Anyway, it's been a very strange couple of days.. i was blearily talking to the girl who works the Internet cafe desk this morning at 5 as I'd chosen to leave the pub early.. the others were all staying on till at least 8.

Anyway. TV. Hmm. Can't say much about that. I do have one in the room but it's not been on yet. The mission this evening (it's Thursday evening, nearly 6pm) is to try to find somewhere decent to eat. It still feels like breakfast time though :P

I'm out of internet time here, later dude.

Uncle Travelling Don

3:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha!

you should have seen the look the waitor gave her when she ordered fried rice to go with her chicken curry in a japanese restaurant!

It was oh so transitory and maybe even entirely in my own imagination, but savour it I did.

See you at coffee break amigo!

9:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar