Wednesday, June 08, 2005

So Fragile I Dare Not Whisper Its Name

At the risk of destroying a beautiful thing I will declare that summer is finally here. This still gives me a few weeks of lee-way as officially this isn't until 21 June so don't blame me when we return to April weather by 10am on Saturday when you're thinking about a BBQ.
This is without doubt my favourite time of the year because you can discard the winter coat, turn down the heating and enjoy those few hours after work before it gets dark sipping a cold beverage outside until it gets chilly or the midges become overbearing.

In the meantime I've been playing Far Cry whenever I get a chance. It's a great little FPS game set on an island where monsters stalk under the canopy. So far I've been fighting normal human GIs who are out to kill me for reasons I have yet to find out. I'm one of those people that play FPS games for 30 minutes or until I get killed repeatedly before giving up for an hour and then having another attempt. This means it could well be wintertime before I see the finishing credits.

I also heard back from the NIFTC who told me that something important has come up that has superceded the interview process and that they will get back to me in due course. What does "due course" actually mean? Something that is expected or anticipated which is still very ambiguous. The dictionary defines it as a "reasonable length of time". Also ambiguous. What is reasonable to someone else may not seem reasonable to me or you. At the end of the day it's irrelevant as I will just have to suck it up and wait.

I'll post a new Links section tonight as I require additional software which I can't install in work as I have some photos of Berts birthday. I also have some pictures from Fridays work night out so I might wait and post them all at once. OOo - the suspense!

Now get outside and catch some rays!

1 Comments:

Blogger Donovan said...

I'm the same with far cry, I play for an hour or two then get into a difficult bit, curse it, vow never to play it again, then go back to it an hour/day later.

Somehow I have been able to spend hours creeping around looking for the right way to appreach a situation. Great game.

11:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar