Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Best Things In Life Are Free

That's the saying and it's especially true if the beer is free.

Once again the Beer Posse(TM) was out in force. Last night the venue was Morrisons. The mission? To clear the palette using half a pint of lager P49 before perusing 4 other pint lagers with ubiquitous names and jot down what we think of them on a questionnaire.

To the untrained gut, this seems like an easy task but drinking 4 1/2 pints in 90 minutes isn't as easy as you might imagine. The problem is that you don't know what you're drinking and also that you're mixing your lagers. In one case I couldn't finish a particularly strong lager that had more ale qualities and was more filling than fish pie. In another the beer was mildly offensive to my tongue. The other 2 slipped down like old people on ice.

After collecting our £25, Don and I met up with everyone else at Lavery's for some pool. I'm not sure my game suffered under the intake of alcohol because my game is pretty damn awful anyways. I won then lost against Don and then lost against Jenny. The white ball spent most of the time on the floor so I guess my game was in the gutter. There was also plenty of exercise because they were renovating the taps and you had to go down and up 2 flights of stairs to get served.

Needless to say I'm feeling the effects of last night this morning and it'll be around 11am before I wake up properly. Speaking of which, I hear the coffee calling...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar