Monday, February 14, 2005

I Heart Huckabees

This weekends viewing pleasure was I Heart Huckabees. It's directed by David O Russell who also directed a film I remember watching in my teens called Spanking The Monkey about a boy who falls in love with his mother. It was a good film as I recall although slightly unnerving due to the subject matter.

I heart Huckabees is entirely different. It stars Jason Schwartzman who has problems concerning a series of coincidences which lead him to an Existential Detective Agency run by a husband and wife duo played by Dustin Hoffman and his wife Lily Tomlin. The plot is difficult to describe but ludicrously funny at times as the story is played out and other characters played by Jude Law and Naomi Watts get involved. The script is very smart and there are lots of non-verbal comedic moments which will provide many belly-laughs.

I highly recommend renting this for a good night in.

I give this 4 and half Sartres out of 5.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Donovan said...

I heart huckabees too, especially the french philosopher.. nice.

8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar