Friday, February 11, 2005

Dutch Courage

The lesson for today is never try to talk to foreigners when you're drunk. You only come off as mildly insane and they will nod, smile and look very worried.

My brother has friends from Holland visiting this week. Last night started off with making pancakes. I'm not talking little quaint pourings to have with lemon and and a sprinkling of sugar. I'm talking strips of bacon, salami and a ton of mix. They were exremely filling and delicious. Then we brought things up a notch and bought 12 litres of cider. BAM!

After 3 pints I began to feel light headed and increased my rabble-speak ratio by at least 5:1. After finishing the bottle I was in full BS mode and was speaking in hieroglyphics. I can barely remember the conversations I had which is probably a good thing.

I staggered home some time around 1am and slept like a log.

Now I'm just pulling out of recovery after 2 pints of water, a couple of paracetamol and a big mug of real coffee.

Lou and I are off to see a few houses at lunchtime today so I will return later with news. Until then, I will try not to nod off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar