Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hells's Pizza

This is a somewhat unusual thing to talk about but if there's one thing I've found better in New Zealand than in Ireland, it's their pizza - namely from Hell's. If there's a gourmet pizza delivery service [not a restaurant] that serves better pizza than this back home, I didn't find it.

There are many pizza's available in supermarkets, both fresh and frozen but there isn't the same selection and the quality is vastly inferior.

What separates Hell's is the gourmet aspect and the range of toppings you can put on your pizza. You can of course, like all pizzerias, choose your own toppings and I think I found my zen selection with the above: chicken, mushrooms, caramelised onions, spinach, green pepper, bacon and blue vein cheese.

It was utterly delicious and I'm not one to finish a pizza in one night - I usually restrain myswelf to leave a few slices for the next day - but this was eaten up in a short time.

Hell's is also amusingly quirky in it's Hell variation pizza names and, if you don't manage to eat everything at once, you can make a coffin out of your pizza box for the last few slices.

It's a shame this chain isn't available back home and I'd consider setting up a chain if I had the chance because I'm sure people would order in their droves.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm Hells. Easily the best pizzeria deliverly place ever!

4:35 pm  
Blogger Donovan said...

Hell yeah! I look forward to getting a Hell sometime. Havent had the pleasure since I started out on the road.

12:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want some- ship it over, huh Phil? :-D

9:40 pm  
Blogger Skry said...

are great pizza's. I love the wee coffin boxes for your remains! I wish they had those in Belfast so I could have been enjoying them for longer :D

1:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar