Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Big Is Beautiful

I picked up a 21" monitor yesterday. Tonys work were auctioning them off and I grabbed a 4 year old Dell for £24. BAM! I had to carry it 2 blocks which is the metaphorical equivilent of running a half marathon or running up 10 flights of stairs - whichever you find less appealing! I also needed a set of replacement arms as my original ones stretched about 3 inches and I spent the next hour walking like a neanderthal. This makes me loath the prospect of moving in 4 weeks as the contract is up in our flat but the reality of our situation vis-a-vis the neighbours renews my strength to pick up that extra box and cart it off to our new abode.

The good news is that I can now play video games and pretend I'm in an arcade without the disadvantage of giving my place up to some snotty nosed kid or pumping money into a machine.
Don gave me his copy of Flatout which you can buy from his website.] Thank god I'm not in an arcade or I'd get laughed out by a bunch of pre-pubescent grease facers.

Today feels like a new leaf has been turned too. I'm not sure if it's because it's February. For me February always gives you a more realistic sense of being a new year, January being a test run for trying out failed resolutions and setting more realistic goals.

Catch you on the next update. Happy New Year: Mark 2.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar