Tuesday, January 25, 2005

An Ode To A Tim'rous Beastie

Today is Burns' night. For those not au fait with what it is then here's a little synopsis.

To celebrate I will try and get my hands on some haggis and devour it. Burns wrote a poem about haggis. In todays terms, that's like writing a song about steak and kidney pie. Genius.
If you want to get into the mood, then you can try and write your own Burns poetry.
Here's my attempt. Can you do better?

Aft beastie can brae in brattle compar'd
His cauld chittering bonnie
Her fair fa' hamely luve

Awa roar'd tim'rous sonsie
Ne'er promis'd ne'er play'd
Skinkining the sleekit mind
Whare thee melodie only compar'd


That's right, you can't. After reading my poem you'll probably want to celebrate Phils' night and shower me in gifts of ale and Findus crispy pancakes. So next time you're cruising down the frozen food section, pause and think of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar