Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Garden State

Watched the film Garden State last night. It was written and directed by Zach Braff of 'Scrubs' fame. It's a sort of coming of age film for 20-somethings who don't know what to do with their lives and then suddenly find a ray of hope at the end of the bleak rainbow. It has its laughs but I wouldn't call it a comedy although there are some great little sketches in it. There are certainly little snippets of truth that apply to my life and probably most 20-somethings without being cheesey or covered by a million other films of similar genre. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good film that doesn't necessarily fit any particular genre but is just a joy to watch. If you liked Amelie or The Station Agent, you'll enjoy this.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

I was referring to his experiences with friends and life in general, not that his life mirrors mine or other 20-somethings directly, hence "little snippets of truth that apply to my life" and not "large sections of his life are exactly what happened to me". So there.

12:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar