Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Irene & Nans

We decided to go to Irene & Nans for lunch today to take away from the snow-blues. Update: Woke up this morning to find inches of snow and the cold white stuff falling from the grey skies.
However, I quite enjoyed the walk in. I was wrapped to the nines and had Lamb playing on the CD player:


"No one said it would be easy
Did anyone tell you the road would be straight and long
Relax your mind and give it all to me
'Cause you know and I know our love is strong enough
To weather the rain
To weather the snow
To weather the storm"

Quite apt really. It was crispy snow plodding - crunch crunch with every step. Then when I reached Shaftesbury Square it turned into a greyish sludge and walking became more difficult. But the hardest step is always the first foot over the office door.

We soon found out that the oil had ran out and there was no central heating. We'll have to make do with an electric heater. There's a white board in work where everyone signs in and 1/2 the spaces read "Snowed in". If only I had lied and said I live in the country I could have phoned in and said I was trapped behind a snow drift.

At least it's well into the afternoon now and there's only a handful of hours left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar