Friday, July 29, 2005

The Big Easy

After finishing work yesterday at 12.30, I walked home and pottered about for a while. I tidied up my finance folder. Yes, I have one. I'm a bit of an organised neat freak when it comes to this sort of thing. Just incase the tax man wants to play ball, I have everything in sections dating back to the last financial year - anything before that gets shredded - you can't be too careful these days.
Then I whisked Lou off for lunch at The Empire. We both ordered the steak baguettes. There's nothing like a long lunch, especially if you don't have to go back to work.

On the way back home I stopped by the off-licence and picked up a bottle of vodka to go with the kahula for white russians. Both bottles went into the fridge for later. In the meantime I played some Far Cry. I enjoy the game but can only play around 30 minutes before I get killed and have to start at the last save point. It's frustrating to sneak around, snipe a few guys off and then get a bullet in your head from an unknown position after a long session and then you're forced to do it again. I prefer my games to have on-demand saving.

I watched the second episode of Extras on BBC2. So far it's heating up to be quite the damp squib. The jokes are third rate and any humour comes from the guest stars rather than the episodal characters. I hope that it doesn't get a second series as it would be interesting if Merchant and Gervais can come up with anything else besides.

I also managed to arrange a poker game for tonight in a record time of 5 minutes. I think that's the fastest I've ever arranged something with 100% of friends agreeing to my proposal. A game of poker has been long overdue so I'll let you know if I scoop the pot or go to bed empty handed.

Have a great weekend - I'm off for a dinner party in Bangor tomorrow so if I remember the camera there will be literally something to look at on Monday.

See you then.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, its early days for Extras. There's only been two episodes and if they come up with more guest performances like Ben Stiller's, a good series it will still make.

7:38 pm  
Blogger Donovan said...

Well, perhaps it's fitting that a show called extras is only worth watching for the guest stars. Personally I found it about as enjoyable as a madras heartburn and turned it off half-way through episode 1.

10:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar