Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Filling The Gap

I went back to the dentist yesterday for a second opinion. I was ushered into the room and asked why I was back. I explained that I wasn't happy with the first check up and opened my mouth for a second inspection. He took a little longer than the first girl but still no poking or prodding with the devices. You need two fillings, see you in a few weeks.
I was made to feel like I had wasted time by getting a second opinion but if you're not happy with something then you gotta do what you gotta do. So I'll be back on the 18th May for the final installment.

Mid-week in work already. It's certainly flown in. Monday always goes fast and Tuesday always drags but yesterday only 5-10 staff were in and all my bosses were away. I finished all my workload on Monday and so I spent yesterday tying up loose ends and playing around on the net. Last week I got XP installed on my 98 machine and it was a nightmare getting everything set up again. You always forget about all the programs, drivers and tweaks that you need to set and personalise your computer. The worst part is that you need Admin privilege to install anything so instead of 30 seconds it takes 30 minutes by the time someone can do it for you and then you fall behind in your work. Then today I come in and my PC has been swopped again. Grr. Everything that I had transferred to my C: drive has gone and I wont get it back. I don't know about you but when I see a funny picture I save it to My Pictures. I had 6 months of quality stuff now vanquished into nothing. I also had to bookmark everything again and set up the short-cuts on the desktop. It's really a pain in the ass.

I'm starting to look forward to the weekend with the BBQ on Sunday. However, I was at the folks yesterday afternoon and the gazebo hasn't been set up yet and there's a 1ft deep pool of water that has gathered on the covering. It means I'll have to go up on Saturday after buying food and set it all up. At least everything will be in the fridge and it'll mean less hassle on Sunday. I'm also worried that the good weather we've been having over the last few days will disappear and I'll be left with scattered showers, grey skies and a fridge full of meat.

Tonight Don is cooking dinner although he hasn't revealed what it is so I'll update tomorrow. What I do know is that it will be washed down with a bottle of vino.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar