Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hiding Behind A Cold

I will have to apologise again with regards to writing up details of the stag weekend and postponement of photographs because simply, I have none to show and I think that's the best way to look at such events - pictures and short descriptions. As my own camera is an old clunky brick of a Sony Cybershot, I had nowhere to store it when out and about and, as such, would no doubt have lost it along the way. So I simply didn't bring it with me. I really should buy a new one for New Zealand so if anyone has recommendations, please let me know.

I've also been coming down with the cold which started to hit me on Sunday morning and I spent my time in the departure lounge sniffling behind a the Times and slow pint of Guinness. My internal system seems to have flip-flopped over the last few years and I now find myself with colds in summer (what summer I hear you ask).

Yesterday was great though and I spent the afternoon and early evening sitting on a rug in the garden reading The Virgin Suicides after finishing Tesseract by Alex Garland, which is a book to avoid. Three quite uninteresting stories loosely come together at the end in a massive anti-climax finalé. I haven't read The Beach yet so I'm willing to give his first novel a chance before I write him off. The Virgin Suicides is interesting but lacking that hook to make it really exciting. I haven't read a great book since The Time Traveler's Wife so, again, any recommendations, please let me know.

I hope you all had an interesting weekend - see you tomorrow for more if the same if I can't chase up some photographs. Thanks for stopping by.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try the 'Ballad of Lee Cotton' - another Eva recommendation

10:37 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

Nice one - cheers!

Incidentally, they're making The Time Traveller's Wife into a film:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452694/

Should be interesting!

12:06 am  
Blogger Jenny said...

I was sure I read Tesseract at your house at your recommendation. Must have been somebody else - I blame Colin. I did come to a similar conclusion to you thought, that it is pointless rubbish.

8:18 pm  
Blogger Skry said...

Jen got me the Fujifilm FinePix A500 camera. Small and light with a 5.1 camera. Easy to use and great quality shots. A good set of 2700mAh batteries will lats well on it.

You'll have to ask Jen more about the details of it though, as it was a present so I don't know where it was bought or the cost. It's defo a great camera though.

9:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar