Monday, January 15, 2007

Lounge Act

It was a fairly relaxed weekend spent lounging on the sofa reading newspapers and watching TV. I've become strangely addicted to watching Malcom in the Middle as Sky Two seems to be running it non-stop and I've always missed it when it was on its normal run and since the invention of downloads, I've become quite used to watching episode after episode of a programe on tap.

I also received a few things I ordered from Amazon including a book was recommended called 'The Time Traveller's Wife' by Audrey Niffennegger that centers on a man with a strange genetic disorder that causes him to unpredictably time-travel and his wife has to cope with his constant absence. It certainly sounds interesting so I'll let you know how it goes. I have built up quite a few books to work through including a return to Chinese history with 'Mao: The Unknown Story' by Jung Chang who wrote the amazing 'Wild Swans'.

Another purchased item was Monopoly which I've been meaning to buy for a while. I haven't played in years and it was one of my favourite childhood boardgames. I remember that Keith and I used to play it into the ground, modifying the rules here and there to make it more interesting and as age allowed, introducing drinking aspects to the proceedings. One Xmas we recieved a variation of the game called Tower Power which was based on the Ards peninsula which is still kicking around.

Finally there's Dark Messiah which is a first person RPG and a game type I've been looking to getting my teeth into since completing Oblivion. It promises lots of blood curdling action and the trailer looks awsome. I'm still working through Neverwinter Nights 2 which I bought for the xmas holidays and can highly recommend it if you're into that sort of thing.

Let me know if there's any good books I should be on the look out for and I'll catch you tomorrow. Trust you had a good weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

3 Comments:

Blogger Skry said...

What's the deal with Trivium and Dark Messiah? Did they do the music for it or something? They and RoarRunner Records are advertised on the site you link to.

12:11 am  
Blogger Phil said...

I'm not sure. An advert for their newest album came with the game itself so perhaps they countributed a song or something.

There's no way I could play a game with death metal screaming all the way through it!

12:38 am  
Blogger Skry said...

Oh yes there is!!

12:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar