Thursday, May 19, 2005

Big Bad World

I was reading this article on obesity.

"The subjects were of varied ages, from 17 to 65. One woman, whose statement was backed by others in the group, indicated that loneliness, boredom and guilt were key factors in getting overweight. "

I would have thought it was stuffing your face with cake.

One woman said: "I need someone to tell me to stop eating the teacakes. Without anyone to do so I just eat the whole box of 12. And you know what? As soon as I've finished that I could eat the same all over again."

If I did that I'd be sick. Here's an idea lady: don't buy teacakes! I mean, if you're going to pleasure eat, try celery and creme-fraiche or something. Start walking everywhere. I think fat people think they need a big change in life-style and while that's true, it's the little steps that lead to a change.

Your comments please.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donovan said...

Maybe you should try a box, they're very light.

9:27 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

Yeah but 12?

1 teacake = 120 calories
12 teacakes = 1440 calories

Being thin. Priceless.

10:36 pm  
Blogger Donovan said...

Yeah, with a cup of tea. Don't knock it!

>Being thin. Priceless.

On a serious note, that's the problem. People get messed up because they think they should be thin (which for most people is an unhealthy state to be in).

If people didn't feel so pushed to be thinner, it would be less of an issue, people wouldn't end up with the emotional difficulties that can lead to food dependence.

Being thin certainly isn't priceless, it's overpriced.

11:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not about being thin. it's about being in a state which does not put your health in danger, does not stop you doing anything that most other people can do physically and does not make you suffer. If you are suffering in any way because of your wieght (and I don't mean people giving you hassle although there are things you can do about that)then it is up to you to do something about it. I agree that the small steps will make the change. It takes education, stop feeling sorry for your self, will power and training yourself. Anyone can do it. But don't go ott, here. You shouldn't be thin - you should be around average for your height or a bit heavier. It's better to be slightly heavier than thinner.

11:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar