Monday, June 20, 2005

Ong Bak

I actually watched Ong Bak last week but I'm only getting a chance to review it now.

The whole plot is based around a head of a statue being stolen from a village which provides it with blessing and prevents it from becoming forlorn. A young martial artist is sent to retrieve it from the known theif and so begins nearly and hour and a half of gang members getting the crap kicked out of them until the head of the statue is returned.

The point of the film is not the plot as you may gain an inclination from my watery synopsis. The beauty of the film lies in its choreography and of course the martial arts. It's impossible to describe such acts and one really has to see it to know what I'm talking about. If you're looking for a good action film then look no further.

I would give this film 3.5 roundhouse kicks out of 5.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Stumble Upon Toolbar